Idle not working for me

When I click play a few enemies swoop in and immediately disappear, then as the animator continuously loops through ‘Idle’ the enemy stops appearing and loads of EnemyLase(clone)s start appearing in the Hierarchy but not in the game.

I can’t even blame my coding this time… : (

I’m using Unity 4.9

I don’t even know where to begin with this problem - I’d normally go through all the code again to work out where I went wrong…

Hi Dominic,

If you would like to zip up your project files and share them I will be happy to take a look. The forum will allow uploads of up to 10mb per file, if your zip file is larger than this, please use a service such as Dropbox or Google Drive and share the URL so that I can download the project.

Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x25eTGoSnWEcr129h4AoMuCabT9IFF_4/view?usp=sharing

Hi Rob, please don’t hate me, hope you haven’t got round to looking at my game yet, when Brice’s enemy ships were spread out across the screen, mine were so spread out they were off the screen - added to that they were smaller than the eye could see.

I have fixed the issue - I have also learned a valuable lesson about running for help when I haven’t checked every possible issue as I thought I had.

1 Like

Hi Dominic,

You were next on my list - so it’s all good :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you have both found and resolved the issue. It’s not a problem calling out for help when you feel you need it, obviously good to have a bit of a look yourself first, but often when you’re dealing with something new it’s hard to know at which point you have looked, and it would be all too easy for anyone who has already covered perhaps that section to suggestion that you should have done this or that.

Do not fear, there’s no hate here, our community is one of friendship, trust and supportive hugs :slight_smile:

This is certainly the nicest corner of the internet I’ve found so far!

Last time I had problems I decided to continue with the video in the hope they would have resolved themselves by the end, but I ended up with a load of problems and wasn’t sure where to begin in fixing them, so this time I had an issue that seemed different from Brice’s (turns out I had the same issue just more extreme) so I stopped the video and attempted to work out the problem - little did I know that the last 2 minutes of his video would have sorted me right out. :/:drooling_face:

Anyhoo, big hugs, I’m sure you’ll be hearing from me again in the not too distant future!

1 Like

It’s really nice to hear you say that Dominic, it is a nice community here, everyone seems to have a vested interest in learning but also in seeing other’s do well as well, which is really great.

So many people can, and do, make a difference on a daily basis, even if it’s just by playing someone else’s game and offering some feedback.

Regarding the video, hehe, I feel ya :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms