[SOLVED] Icon's not working

Hello everyone,

I tried as Rick suggested in the lecture and added an icon to my empty GameObjects (waypoints) so I would be able to see them. However, no matter what I tried, the icons would not display.

I attached a screenshot which shows that I’ve selected an icon, and I’m viewing both Scene mode and Game mode. I also turned on the move tool and selected the GameObject so you can see where it is supposed to be.

I tried restarting Unity and my computer twice, but the issue still happens. I tried Googling it and I couldn’t really find anyone having a similar problem.

Assistance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2 Likes
  1. Try zooming in and out a little with the mouse scroll wheel.

2. At the top of the screen, toward the right, above the inspecter, click on a small dropdown box marked “Layers”. Make sure the UI layer has the little “visible” icon. If not, click on the icon to toggle it.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately I tried both of these, and neither worked. :confused:

Can you provide screenshots showing the transforms for the Path and Waypoints? like this;

Sure thing!1 2 3 4

Ok that all looks good to me. Can you ZIP up your project and upload? I’ll download and take a look

I just ran into the same problem. For me it was because the 3D icons slider was all the way to the left on the gizmos dropdown of the scene window. Drag it to the right a bit and the icons for waypoints appear.

Icons

2 Likes

Ah this fixed it! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms