I wasn't going to post this

It is pretty terrible but I am proud of my work. I am looking forward to seeing how I progress in the future.

-Amanda

BTW, I named my character Roni.

pizza

3 Likes

Hi Amanda, welcome to the community! :slight_smile:

I’m glad you did and it’s nice to meet Roni! We are often our own worst critics and it’s easy to feel that what we’ve created isn’t any good, or not as good as someone else’s, or whatever.

When I look at your screenshot I see a 2D platformer game in the making. I see a player, an enemy, hazards. At this stage I’m assuming Roni is the happy looking character in the middle and the ghost is to be avoided and those spikes are not going to do Roni any good at all. I am intrigued to know what comes after that next platform…

Much later in the course there is a section called TileVania, you will be introduced to Unity’s Tilemap feature which is ideal for creating this style of game. It might take you a little while to progress through the rest of the course first, but, when you get there it would be fantastic to see you share a game based on this theme that you started with waaay back when you first started the course and joined our community.

Please do continue to share your work, its a great way to become more confident with what you are working on but also to gain feedback from other community members on things that could be tweak/improved and so on - it can also be very inspiring for other students who have just joined the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms