I thought a wooden toy train would be appropriate? (Simple wood texture)

To do the texture I looked up ‘pine wood texture’ on google and drag-n-dropped a large picture file into the asset folder. When I went back to Unity it showed up and I just dragged it onto each object. I hid the seams by rotating the objects so you couldn’t see them. I would have made more cars but the instructor suggested to not spend too much time on this step.

13 Likes

Awesome i love how well it fits together

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t imagine getting that fancy! I’ll need to try to think beyond the instructions. Thanks for the insights, Pretzel! You are on the right track for accomplishing great things!

1 Like

I love it. It looks so modest, which makes it even better.

I suspect that you have spent a lot more time than I did on this challenge. And that is why yours is much more awesome than mine.

Wow, that looks great!

That is amazing

Good job, I love the style and the textures :+1:

This looks fantastic!

Well done!

Amazing! how did you get the window cut outs?

Awesome!

Hi everyone! I’m just getting back to my studies after a long absence working on a project. These were great comments to return to!

Here are some replies
@Grand_Realm Thank you! One of the best thing about doing 3D work is going beyond the instructions :smiley:
@piersb I thank you for thinking it’s awesome! I bet yours looks awesome when you imagine it. Just a matter of practice till they match up.
@HerrRindvieh Thank you! I cheated a bit on the textures. If you saw the other side you’d see where I hid all the UV seems :grin:
@Stacy Thank you! That entire train is made from 1 cylinder and 1 cube in Unity, which I duplicated, scaled and positioned to make a train. Then I dragged them into a empty Gameobject so I could move it around. The window cut outs are just the blocks positioned like someone stacked them.

Thank you all for the kind words. It really means a lot :blush:

Really cool

Este me ha gustado, se ve bien. :+1:

Gracias!

Thas sick

:star_struck: Nice! The texture is a cool touch. Awesome thinking outside of the box. Trains rock!

Privacy & Terms