I drifted a little from the tutorial

So, Complete Blender noob when I started the 3.2 tutorial. But I may have found my niche with the sculpting… I may have ALSO gone a little overboard with size and detail, as my dragon/devil man here had 2.5 million faces. I could have tried to refine it, but wanted to focus more on having fun, going wild, and learning various brushes and techniques. Also, with a decent, if slightly outdated gaming computer, I didn’t see too much slowdown, though the retopologies took a few seconds!

Not perfect by far, but I’m VERY happy with him. Particularly the horns on the top of the head. They may not be perfect, but for my first attempt, I don’t think I could be any more pleased with them. I’ve come to think of Grant as the “Bob Ross of Blender”, and that gave me the idea of running with “happy little accidents”, which resulted in the horns having a lot more of a ridge or “spike” at the top of the horn which added a very nice look.

13 Likes

This is way cool. Really nice work and it’s easy to see what happens when you let yourself go off script. I think you may be right about finding your niche in 3D. This is absolutely awesome!

4 Likes

True

3 Likes

Very nice sculpt. Next you will have to try a full Human. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got the bundle off humble a while ago, so I’m actually doing the character creation tutorial next. So that’s actually the plan to start this week!

People have always been my artistic weak point, though. I much prefer animals and creatures (real and made up), but it’s MUCH easier for me to do in 3d where I can properly view from all angles.

1 Like

Wow! I cannot even believe you were sculpting for the first time!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms