I can't cope!

I’m doing the charater blender course but does anyone know how long it takes to understand it? i’m totally overwhelmed, sitting here not knowing how to do anything ???

Hi sorry to hear you are having a bad time maybe try
Blender begginer course
Don’t know your experience level so I’m guessing here, or sometimes taking a break can help clear up information you may not fully grasp and experimentation can also be a great teacher, just remember to save a copy of your models before you try things.

4 Likes

Id say it would take a lifetime to fully understand it, maybe if your feeling overwhelmed try and just have some fun with what you’ve learned so far doing a little something outside the course work. Just a way to cement your learning and to take the pressure off, i like to start with a pencil and paper and then take those ideas into blender. Im more then happy to brainstorm or help in any way just message.

3 Likes

Take a break. Then redo afresh. Things often seem easier the next time through.

Like anything the more you use it the more you take things as ordinary.
Sculpting is hard to get used to on a computer, it feels much more instinctive in plasticine, wax, or clay. In the end, it is just getting used to the tools.
When you get to baking, That is an ordered process that can benefit from a list ‘to do’ in order.

4 Likes

I’m feeling a bit better now I’ve had a break - I’ve been working for 27 hours straight, lol xxx jess.

1 Like

I’ve had a break and tghings look brighter, just frustrated I can’t quite get it righrt xxx jess

2 Likes

nothing beats paper and pencil xxx jess

1 Like

You can use other tools like Illustrator or the free InkScape to create vector graphs.
And then import them in Blender.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to import images I made in photoshop - I did some tutorials - but so far it hasn’t worked for me, don’t know why?? I started this 3D course because I make comics, and, I thought rather than draw 2D pics over and over I would be able to make 3D character, (and enviroments) /model in blender - then use this model in different positions and take ‘snap shots’ for my comic book pics. I’m addicted to 3D modelling - it’s just so wonderful how you can create in blender. But what I didn’t know, was, how long it takes to make a 3D character or enviroment. lol xxx jess. here is a still from my comic -

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms