Https://www.udemy.com/course/unity-mobile

I have tested a build of my game where I have only a ball falling freely under gravity in my mobile device. The issue is that in the unity game window the ball falls smoothly, but in the mobile device, I can see stutters or frame drops.
The same thing happened in my second project. Here also I can see enemies and even the animations of the player not playing smooth in my mobile device. I have tested the game in other mobile devices as well. I found the same problem there as well. However, in the Unity Game Window, everything plays smoothly.
I wonder when the game will be finally complete, there will be more stutters. Even the stats of the game are OK. Batches-13 and fps: 350-400. What can be the issue? Please help. I am in the midst of developing the second android game… (The game is in 3d)

These sorts of things can be very difficult to diagnose…

One thing you can do to improve performance is in the build settings, under Android in the Other Settings section, change the Scripting backend from Mono to IL2CPP.
Once you have done this, check the ARM64 box to ensure that your app is running in a 64bit manner when possible. The Mono backend is quite slow compared to the IL2CPP, and also only runs in 32 bit (on the ARMv7 codeset). Most modern phones prefer 64 bit apps (in fact, Google won’t accept 32 bit apps anymore).

Thank you so much for your response. I have tried it. But the issue is same. As I have told, in my first android game, it was just a ball falling freely under gravity. It just had a rigidbody component attached to it. To test it out, I had not written any scripts also. In PC, the fall of the ball was smooth, however, when I have tested the same in my mobile, the fall of the ball appeared slight jerky.
Now, I am developing the second Android game, the frame rate is good. The batches are only around 13, the textures reduced and I have also done some tweaking in order to get a smooth feel, but no luck. The gameplay feels slight jerky, than on my PC.
Please do tell me if there are any more changes to be done. Thanking you!!

With hundreds of devices out there, it’s difficult to say what the exact issue is… It could be other apps running in the background. It could be the speed and power of the processor/graphics chip in the phone. With just a ball, I’d doubt if it was too high poly of the models. Always reduce your texture sizes as large textures can also slow down the phone (and make sure that your textures are a power of 2, i.e. 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc.

Here are some links to optimizations I was able to find:

https://answers.unity.com/questions/1737558/very-bad-performance-on-android.html
https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-game-lagging-on-android-device.727145/

Thank you so much Sir. I will look into those. Love to be in Game Dev Community, as always!!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms