How to create a heart?

As Valentine’s Day approaches , I got to thinking about creating a 3d heart pendant.
But with my limited blender experience , I’m at a bit of a loss on how to do it.

One way I can think of is to drawn the heart with Bézier curves, convert to a mesh and extrude the face up(out), but this would leave a flat edge, which isn’t really what I want.

I’m thinking something similar to this,

Any advice ?

Cheers

1 Like

As usual - many ways to do it. I made this one simply starting with a plane, subdividing verts and moving them around (than added solidify etc.).

The other way is as you described - having a curve and spin it around (similar idea to making a bowling pin in the course). Afterwards you can modify the geometry further to change the shape.

Another idea is to use sculpting and sculpt the heart.

For the joining and the chain - I would make them as a separate objects (when you look at it the joining is a sphere and couple of tori). The chain - I would go with a curve and made a simple geometry on top of it (like making a tank tracks in the character course).

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffnt&q=blender+heart+shape&ia=web

1 Like

For the one I made for the same ‘love’ collab. I used a uv sphere, Pulled it about with proportional editing on, scaled it flatter front to back, rotated it so the top was where one half of the dome top of heart shape, chopped it off down the middle and mirrored it. Fixing up the mirror join by hand. Rather messing about, probably better ways.

Image might explain or help.

3 Likes

This is where I saw heading towards with my thinking.
I have a friends heart picture that I want to make into a 3D image
so it can rotate as part of a streamer flash screen.
so I want to make the heart then apply the texture to it

I have a larger vewrsion of the heart pic to play with

2 Likes

You are going to need to not only learn the modelling of the heart but i think you need to look into learning how the shrinkwrap modifier works for the wrapping around that heart as well

Hope it helps

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms