Horned Warrior WIP

Hey guys working on another 3D print. This guys is something I’ve wanted to do for a while and I think my 3d modeling skills are getting up to the task. Put what I have up on sketch fab. Hope you guys enjoy.

8 Likes

The armor and the horns look really good

1 Like

Thanks. The hands are going to be my down fall tho

Been having a lot of fun with this guy, this is where I stand in rendering, but I’m not having any luck with getting these textures/materials onto sketch fab. Something I will learn on another day.

3 Likes

External Data > Pack All into .blend

It’s still in progress, but the metal armour looks SO cool. Can’t wait to see what you do with the horns!

1 Like

Thanks man for the info and i cant wait either :smile:

Well, it’s been over a month since my last post on this project. But I have been working on it. Been trying to get good head geometry but I just couldn’t seem to pull it off.

This was my first attempt after watching a video on good mesh flow for a face.

This was my second attempt, I was trying to go for a skull kinda face but I didn’t like it.
A friend pointed out the problem I was having was not having any reference material, and no real Reference to go off of.
So after spending some time figuring out Kira and what it is that I wanted for my character I drew something to work off of which was this.

There were other ideas but this is the one that cam out the best in the end.
Now useing this I was able to create a headat I was alot more satisfied with.

I also did a sculpt as you can tell, I did this first to flush out the form that I wanted as I learned from my last to (very frustrating) times that I need to get the form I’m looking for first before going for the good geometry.
Currently I’ve just started taking the steps to start work on the horns.
So this is my update, and I was half thinking of not putting this up as I have a hard time when projects stop going the way I like, I always want to show a perfect product rather then the journey it took to get there. I really need to work on this as I feel like my “perfectionist” side is actually hindering me from making important mistakes that help myself and others in understanding the process of modeling.

1 Like

A quick screen cap with the new basic shape form the horns and A head adjustment to allow them to exist

5 Likes

Privacy & Terms