Hideos brutalist building for extrusion challenge

Brutalist building inspired by 41 Cooper square by Thom Mayne. With trees.

it’s pretty much garbage

4 Likes

Well it is a nice rock. With trees. Not being an architecture nerd. And currently too lazy to google it, I have no idea what the building it is supposed to look like.

41 Cooper Square is one of the 4 buildings that comprise Cooper Union College here in NY.

41CooperSquare

3 Likes

Thanks @Miss_B it is like a blender cube gone wrong, perhaps the architect sent in the wrong file! Their cat walked over the keyboard. :rofl:

If you think it looks strange in that photograph, you should see it in person. :laughing:

I hate and love the actual building. The mesh is garbage and I should be ashamed. But it’s worth the post. Nowhere near an architecture nerd, but I find Brutalism fascinating.

1 Like

I actually had to look up Brutalism, because I wasn’t sure if it was only related to architecture, but that’s exactly what it is. Hmmmmm, learn something new every day.

1 Like

At first, all things are difficult.
But your scene has still its thing.
Nice trees and to make it more recognizable to others (more building look) add windows and doors.
Because now it shows (to me) a rock in a park.
try to guide the viewer and tell a visual story.

1 Like

The feeling of the owner of the building after trusting the architecture: Instant regret :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms