Hi fellow devs!

My name’s Adam, I just recently became a professional developer in unity, but even though I just finished a 2 year vocational course in programming, I feel that it didn’t dive deep enough into the different types of math that one can stumble upon while developing, and I’ve noticed how much smoother developing becomes if one has a broader understanding and have more mathematical references to heed and use as a torch when plowing through the dark and peculiar world of coding. So here I am, brushing up on my newfound interest for math!

I do have a question though:
I feel that it wasn’t explained why the “-a * -b = +c” ? how does that become a positive number? I think I know roughly by trying to remember math from the elementary years, but would love an explanation!

1 Like

You multiply something with a negative to flip it across zero and create its opposite. If you do that to a negative number you end up on the positive side.

Ah right, that makes sense! Like when you want something to be flipped from one side of the spectrum to the other, then you take it times -1, and in this case, it’s flipped twice! Thank you! :pray:

1 Like

Welcome to the course! Good to see that Maverick already helped you!
If there are any questions, just ask.

Kind regards, Lisa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms