Here's my well

I can confidently say that I got used to the controls. Took me about 30 minutes. Can’t wait to give it some colours!

7 Likes

Good well modelling.

A few things you could do to improve it, more observation issues than Blender problems. Bricks in walls overlap the joins of the previous layer (course). In the same way, so do tiles like these. Having a special half a tile, wider tile, on the end where needed. Plus your tiles are correctly placed on the battens but the higher ones should rest over the top of the next lower level. Currently, your roof collects rain and directs it under the roof! :grin:

2 Likes

You do realise I did this after one hour of ever using blender? :joy: I know what I should do better, but don’t know how just yet. Vertices are still confusing as they are different from the way they behave in Unreal

2 Likes

Oh yes, I tried to be clear the Blender work is great.

Sorry if that was not clear. The improvements are more related to observation and perhaps using references if needed of how objects are made in the real world and therefore what you need to consider when reproducing them in 3d.

Great start to the model :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing it with the colour :slight_smile:

With NP5’s advice, I like to take it as a way to challenge myself. I make a mock up, he mocks it up, and then I throw stories to my pictures to excuse my mistakes :slight_smile: . We have an ongong story (or excuses on my part) due to this: dealing with a well, a people called InclinedLandonians, a giant robot, and more recently the robot’s inventor, Mr. McTaggard (Final Model 2 in section 2).

It started in section one with my first well. I was proud of it and NP5 said:

Great model, fine details!

Then proceeded to suggest that my axis was too small, impractical for the bucket rope, and I should consider looking at some reference pictures. :+1:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms