Help rebuilding project manually

I had a fatal error with the health component when it couldn’t find the generated file. I tried deleting the Binaries and intermediate files, and rebuilding. I got the could not rebuild, try rebuilding manually message. I have been trying to figure out how to do that for the last couple of days.

I got the unreal engines files from GitHub. and Opened the setup.command folder, then the generateprojectfiles.command file. then it created an Xcode workspace. I tried to follow the steps in the Read me to build it in Xcode but I keep getting usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1.

I don’t really know how to use Xcode as everything ive been doing has been in VScode.

I need help, I have wasted hours trying to resolve this issue.

You’re building the engine from source? Is there any reason why you’re doing that? I’m guessing you’ve confused what “try rebuilding manually” is talking about.
It’s talking about your project an not Unreal.

With that said you most likely have a compilation error, if you go to “~/Library/Logs/Unreal Engine” your logs should be in there. Use Finder and Cmd + Shift + G to navigate to that directory.

Yeah. I didn’t know how to build the project manually. Searching through the internet and trying several things led me to that. I ended up deleting the component folder that contained the health component, then had UE rebuild the project. Then I redid that part of the project. However I still don’t understand what to do when it says “try rebuild project manually”. The first time it did that I ended up starting the project over bc I couldn’t figure out what to do, this time I was too far in to be willing to start over.

In the future how do I resolve the issue?

Don’t use Unreal to build. Build from your IDE. Though that is also the same message it’ll give you if you have a compilation error; which for people doing this course is the more than likely the issue.

You should look in your logs for what that error was and fix it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms