HELP! I can't create a new level

I am on the Building Escape Final project but I can’t create the new level. I want to create a level that has a floor and all the stuff(the same stuff that you have when you create a blank project), but when I create a level in the Content browser, I am helpless and see black:
Look:

I have nothing. What am I meant to do. I don’t have a floor or light, or player start. I want the level I create to have the same things as the things you get when you create a new blank project. What is the “proper” way to create a new level?

Because your level has absolutely nothing in it. Use the menu on the left to add things.

If you use the File menu to create a level then you can choose from a couple templates that come with a few actors.

Yes, that’s what I want. I want to create a level with a template.

I don’t want to go to the menu on the left and add things because that would we hard. I’ll explain, I want a new level that is exactly the same as the blank template. If I just get a blank level with no template then I would have to add in the things and I don’t know how to do that.

I just discovered how to create a new level using the file section. First I couldn’t find New Level. I first coincidently found how to do this. I went into file and I typed something and I saw a search bar. And later I decided to type in l for level. And I got a keyboard shortcut for how to create a new level.

And then I save it and rename it. Is that your way of creating a new level. Go to file and then select New Level and if there isn’t type in n and select new level and save the new level.

Privacy & Terms