Help each other out with SourceTree

Having issues with SourceTree? Help each other out.

I’m having a bit of trouble in SourceTree. I’m actually in the Unreal Course, but I don’t think this problem only has anything to do with Unreal.
When I try to commit in SourceTree (below), SourceTree crashes. It gives me a Crash Report and there are report details, but I don’t really understand what to do with them. Is there a way to fix this? (hopefully, there is… :wink: )

Here’s my . gitignore file if it’s neccessary:

##########################
# Unreal Generated Files #
##########################
*/Build/
*/Binaries/
*/DerivedDataCache/
*/Intermediate/
*/Saved/
BuildingEscape/Content/StarterContent/

######################
# VS Generated Files #
######################
*.VC.db
*_BuiltData.uasset

Thanks,
Enrico

Here’s the solution:

There is a ‘known’ issue it seems with the source tree install. I’ve not experienced it before but this time the installer didn’t create links to the desktop or in the start menu. There is also a low priority request to allow you to install it anywhere other than the user’s app data folder. This has been known for a couple of years so don’t hold your breath. If this happens to you then the app is at C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Local\SourceTree. Create a shortcut, you can then copy that onto your desktop and your start menu by putting a shortcut at %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.

It’s a bit of a pain but everything seems to work for me now

1 Like

I just want to check during the setup of SourceTree when we get to Preferences, I entered my Full first and Last name along with the email I have for GitHub but after my account was made it has me listed by my SourceTree username instead.

I have not tried to interact with GitHub yet but I want to check in case I made a mistake.

Do I have to update my username if that is possible? Or so long as I know when I see the username I know it is me that made the commits I am still fine as is?

Nevermind this is for BitBucket

Privacy & Terms