[HELP] Build Upload of NumberWizard not working on itch.io

I have Built a WebGL version of my number wizard which works fine inside unity. I have compressed the files and uploaded them to itch.io as a HTML game. It keeps saying:
Oops
You’ve configured this page to show a html game but you haven’t uploaded the appropriate file!
Upload a file or change the type of this page on the edit game page.

I have tried just compressing the index.html file and then adding the others as additional files, but it still displays the same message.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.

also i get this message when building.

Hi @Brent_Giles,

Try the following.

###Preparation;

• Create an empty directory, perhaps on your Desktop, named NumberWizard
  • Within Unity
  • Click on File
  • Click on Build Settings…
  • Add your scene(s)
  • Uncheck Development Build
  • Select WebGL
  • Click the Build button
  • Use Explorer to select the NumberWizard folder on your Desktop
  • Click the Open button

Unity will now build your NumberWizard game. The following structure will appear within your NumberWizard folder on your desktop;

• Release folder

• TemplateData folder

• index.html file

The Release folder contains your game. The TemplateData folder holds a series of files used by the index.html file to create the game window, full screen option, Unity branding and load your game.

• Right-click the NumberWizard folder on your Desktop

• Select Send To…

• Choose Compressed (zipped) folder

###Itch.io;

• Enter the relevant game details to the text fields
  • Select HTML for the Kind of Project field
  • Click the Upload Files button
  • Select the NumberWizard.zip file on your Desktop

Aside from the other options on that page, this is all you should need to do in order to have the game run on Itch.io.

It may be worth selecting Draft under the Visibility and access option until you have confirmed that your game is running as expected.

Note, it is not unusual to see a grey window where the game will load for a little while before both the progress bar appears and then the game itself, depending on the size of the game.

###Unity Warnings;

You obviously have a newer version of Unity than the course was originally written for.

The warnings you are seeing is because, well, as it says, the Application.LoadLevel() method is no obsolete. :slight_smile:

Unity introduced SceneManager.LoadScene() to replace this, it requires the using SceneManagement; to be included at the top of your script.

Privacy & Terms