[Help] Animator "Parameter isAttacking not found" error

I had the animations for the defenders working, where,say, the cactus would idle, for some cycles, then go into the attack animation based on an exit time. Now, I’m trying to modify the cactus to idle until the isAttacking boolean parameter is set. When I run the game, I get an error in the bottom-of-screen status bar: “Parameter isAttacking not found”. In play mode, when I go to click the checkbox for the boolean parameter, nothing happens (no check mark). This was apparently a bug back in 4.x. I’m using 2017.01f. I’d have expected a bug that old to have been resolved by now, so maybe I’m doing something wrong? Has anyone else experienced anything similar? How’d you get it to work right?

Interestingly, when I put code in the Update method of the Attacker.cs to only fire for the Gnome, such that when I press the spacebar it fires animator.SetBool(“isAttacking”, true), the parameter does get set. So, it appears that the bug or whatever it is is only in the Unity editor, on the Animator window. I now know I can script the flipping of the animator parameter, but it sure would be nice to be able to manually check the checkbox when examining gameplay in the editor.

Privacy & Terms