Hello VR

Hello to the community! My name is Timothy. You can call me Tim or Neo for shorthand, if you like. I am very new to development. I started in blender a few years back, I eventually was put on a team who was making a survival game(Cause those were all the rage back then :stuck_out_tongue:). Meeting those people and working and learning with them is when I really started to grow. Unfortunately the project was eventually abandoned and we went our separate ways. I eventually fell off from working on half-baked projects and went through a lot with my job, that I won’t get into here. I’ve followed VR since I first heard of the rift launching a kickstarter, and tracked until the consumer version released. Couple of price drops later and I had my very own HMD. VR is still in it’s infancy, but that’s what make it’s so fun to innovate and work with. It’s limited, and limitations breed creativity. I believe games can have a meaningful impact on peoples lives. VR is an even more personal extension of that. And I want to be a part of it so I can bring my ideals to life and share experiences with others. I have a hard time interacting and socializing, so this is my first step of taking this seriously and hopefully meeting some wonderful people!

My Goals for this course:

• Get used to this type of learning enviroment

• Interact with others, offering help and asking questions.

• Make a short demo using everything I’ve learned

• Expand on the basics and make a short custom experience I can use to engage people

Privacy & Terms