Having crash issues

It should be noted that I’m using 2022.3.7f1 and Rick is using 2019.1.0.f1. This might be the issue here.

I am loading up UNity 2019.1.0f1 to test.

So the problem is that after I do all the stuff to import the asset pack and put the character on screen and set the cameras as suggested, at the point where I add a 3D plane to the Hierarchy so duder won’t fall, Unity crashes. Every time.

I’m thinking I’ll have better luck if I restart the project using 2019.1.0f1, but it’s just a guess.

Also, this version doesn’t seem to have build support for Linux, so I might have to look for something different in the 2019 family.

Troubleshooting in progress.

Update 1:
I deleted the player from the scene so only the directional light remains. Added a plane just fine.

Now I’ll try to add the player…and crashed as soon as I tried to add the player. I think I should use 2019 for this one.

Update 2:
2019.1.0f1 cannot create a valid project using the provided 3D template. I’m thinking it might be because this version doesn’t list any Linux build support…just a guess. Later versions in this family have Linux build support.

Going to try the most recent version of 2019.4.40f1 and see what happens.

Update 3:
Got 2019.4.40f1 installed and the asset package installed. Got dude set up and added a plane. Having some dependency issues. Trying to resolve those now. It looks like I’m missing a LightingData asset, or it has been corrupted. I found the reference to the LightingData.asset in the Assets folder and it did, indeed look corrupted so I deleted it and I’m trying a re-import now.

The re-import got the LightingData.asset back. That’s good.

Still have some other errors.

Also, I notice that I still have the original Standard Assets available from a long time ago, so I might try that later if this doesn’t resolve.

Update 4:
Looks like I’m missing a dependency: com.unity.render-pipelines.universal. Gotta go search for that.

Okay, in the Package Manager → Unity Registry → Universal RP (render-pipeline). I Removed the Universal RP package and re-installed it. The errors cleared up. Then I saved and closed Unity, then reopened it and it looks like it’s fixed now.

I got my duder in the hierarchy with all the camera assets set properly according to the previous lecture notes, and I have a plane for duder to stand on so he doesn’t fall. Nothing is crashing at the moment.

I think I’m good to go for now. Using 2019.4.40f1 for now.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms