Got this thing working

Was having trouble rendering to animation at first (60 fps). Once rendering starts, it would render correctly to about frame 12. By frame 13, it would pause the animation but it would still keep rendering the same image.

Fixed it by switching from cycles to eevee, set it to Keyframe Interval:2, and Max B-frames:1

Not sure why this worked but it did. Here’s the final render: Bowling Animation

4 Likes

Well done! Made it work.

I just wonder if the ball should be spinning so much?

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! I purposely gave it more spin so it arcs toward the pins like a real bowling ball. Pro bowlers give it even more spin than that. Also wanted to showcase the material while spinning…heheh… :smiley:

1 Like

STRIKE!! :grin:

1 Like

Does the physics take spin into account for that? That’s cool. Looks nice!

1 Like

Thanks man!!! Really appreciate the compliment! This motivates me even more!!!

Yup. I elevated the ball at the start position to simulate the ball leaving the hand. At frame 12, I gave the ball about 420 degrees rotation on the x axis and 720 degrees rotation on the y axis. It’s also on frame 12 that I unchecked the “Animation” box and let physics take over. It took a while to get it right. At first the ball would either go straight, hook too much to the left and not hit anything, or just fall into the gutter on the right.

I really wanted to give the ball more force/momentum in order to make the pins scatter and bounce off the walls spectacularly…Unfortunately, that would have taken a lot more time, and I already spent waaaay too much time on this…lol… :smiley:

1 Like

There are more people experiencing this stop animation problem. I had it also, but forgot how to solve this.
Some tips are here on this forum. But you switched to eevee also a sollution.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms