Glitch Garden, as per HatefulHat

I’m not sure how many of you actually check this forum out… BUT, here is my Glitch Garden shenanigans

My Glitch Garden

Let me know what you think !

5 Likes

Loads of people do! :slight_smile:

I think though that often some people don’t offer feedback or comment on other’s games, perhaps worrying about giving any negative comments.

I will happily take a look at your game later this evening once my lad has gone to bed - more than happy to provide some feedback too if you would like :slight_smile:

Looking forwards to playing :slight_smile:

I like it, its good to see the final game when I have just started (I have just currently finished the options page setting the values to the user storage and I just posted mine for feedback). what happened to the difficulty settings did that get removed down the line?

I tend to come here as often as I can to try and help others. and to get feedback on my games/art and code as well.

1 Like

Hey Dan, thanks for checking it out !

The difficulty settings … Errr. I think I’m the one who forgot to plug
them into everything. Currently the game becomes more difficult with each
level passed. Although the “insane” difficulty level would have been hectic
haha

Link me up to yours when you’ve posted it and I’ll check it out as well :slight_smile:

This is a great implementation of the game. Things I love about it:

• Intelligent re-use of the defenders for varying abilities.
  • The hover text for each of the defenders.
  • The limit on how many of a given defenders you can place, keeping the player from spamming with cheap defenders.

Things I’d have liked to see:

• Something impressive for supernova.
  • A way to destroy/sell defenders.
  • Maybe a way to re-play a level when you lose?

Overall, it’s really great.

1 Like

Congrats on completing your game

I agree with most of the other comments here. I thought some of your player feedback was helpful, such as info boxes for defender types and attacker health bars.

I was unsure what the supernova did as it didn’t seem to animate or move other than generate a star, I could not tell if it actually did anything so maybe add some animation effects to that. better yet a particle effect that blasts the attackers, etc.

keep up the good work. I’m determined to get through Glitch this go around, I was 80% done in my first go through of the course but ran out of steam and took a long break from game dev. I’m back into it now and determined to finish this time!

Geoff

Thanks for the feedback ! I’ll definitely revisit it when I have some free
time :slight_smile: much appreciated !

Thanks for looking at it, I agree that the supernova is unclear and should
have a visual cue as to what it does… I’ll think of something and
implement it :slight_smile:

This looks really good, nice job.

Got a question though. Could you share how you went around implementing the health bar on your enemies? I’ve done a lot of searching and messing around and haven’t been able to get it to work, and your implementation is what I’m trying to achieve.

1 Like

Just following up from playing it, really enjoyed it… noticed a couple of minor things… the Mage is never affordable despite having enough stars and one of the items ignores its limit, I think it was the green tombstone which cause damage to enemies.

Ditto @Mike above, it would be a useful tip to share as could be used in other games too :slight_smile:

No that’s the sort of response I like to see to a student sharing their game, thank you everyone

Thank you theJVRM, I really enjoyjed your creativity!

Sorry for the late reply everyone, I actually used another tutorial for the
health bars. I’m going to find it today and link it a.s.a.p. - it was
really easy to implement too :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, here’s the tutorial I followed to implement the health bars above the enemies : https://www.raywenderlich.com/107529/unity-tower-defense-tutorial-part-2

Thanks again for all your feedback :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this was the best build in this section. Bravo and keep up the good work.

Privacy & Terms