Glad I went back and did it again!

I finished my first version of Laser Defender, but was not really happy with the end result… I think I tried to do be too unique in approach, and ended up doing some things that just didnt work the way I wanted. So, feeling like I still learned enough to move on, I did. But the results I obtained were really shoddy, and I wasn’t very happy with my final product… so I started over, and my second time though was WAY more understandable… I am so glad I went back and did it again, it really helped solidify a lot of the material, in a way that I was able to utilize the videos for reference, but completed all of Ricks Challeges with success, and the times I ran into a few coding errors, I was able to resolve them without bashing head into the computer!
I’m not quite ready to publish to the Sharing site yet, I only have 3 playable levels so far… But I learned A LOT the second time through with some experimentation and gaining a better understanding…

One cool thing I learned was how to enable and deactivate canvases, within the scene. So I made a star rating system, based on percentage of the maximum score you can get per level, and with the help of a singleton I figured out how to make settings menu, from my main page, which currently controls the volume, which come in handy during play testing.

I have a few more Ideas I want to incorporate, but I will be sure to post a link to the game when I’m ready.

Privacy & Terms