Ghost pins or fastest ball ever?

So i have a problem with my animation as you can see on the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIHplCUeMmA&feature=youtu.be i did every thing like the video saied. What is wrong here and why?

I would slow down the animation to analyze.
render only the last part.

1 Like

Yees of course it was the speed :sweat_smile: (i feel so dumb right now) thank you FedPete.

But now i have a question about that flouting pin phenomenon. Two of the pins are missed by the ball but they still fall afterwards. Is it a normal thing or…?

1 Like

I would check the position of the physics collision as it may be that the collider is sitting below your pin here.
The pins do fall eventually as the physics system is not 100% great this is why we controlled the animation with the timeline to prevent the wierdness before the impact

Let me know how you get on

1 Like

Sorry it was my mistake, i made the first pin animation little wrong i think. I deleted the animation and made a new one and now they lift just before the ball hit them not 13 frames before.
Thank you Marc for the response but i dont know how to do that, i changed the collision sections numbers but nothing changed and then my brain said no :sweat_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

If you can upload the blend file here i can take a look although i may not get to it until monday

1 Like

Thank you Marc here is my dropbox file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgmfrpxkne6ftp6/bowling%20anime.blend?dl=0

I think its where the initial physics takes over.
What you can do i have found is go to the bowling alley itself and on the physics click the collision margin checkbox and reduce the value to 0.
This seems to settle it down a bit so it raises only slightly and a lot less noticable.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Excellent, thank you so much. Now it works fine and the lift is not noticeable at all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms