Getting the options after Input

how do you get those options after typing in Input. ?

Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Do you mean the window that pops up in Visual Studio or Visual Studio code? That’s Intellisense.

Is Visual Studio (or Visual Studio Code) selected as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools)?

Hello,

If they are having the same issue as me Intellisense is working in a way that if I type “I” it will suggest “if” and a bunch of other things but if I type “Input.” like was shown in the lecture no suggestions come up.

Yeah like after he would type Input. he would have a list of possibilities to chose from. I’ve been using Visual Studio, could that be affecting it?

There might be a problem with VS. Please watch the lecture named “Fixing Visual Studio Problems”. If you are on Udemy, that lecture can be found in the “Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D” course in the original “First Steps - Getting Setup” section.

VS must be selected as an external script editor in Unity.

Where can that be found if I’m on GameDev.tv?
Thank you.

Good question. I’ve just asked Rick but it might take a while until he replies because he lives on the other side of this planet.

Maybe you could write an e-mail to support@GameDev.tv. Let them know that you are a student in the UY3 course on gamedev.tv and would like to access the course on Udemy. Maybe they can help you.

Regarding your problem with VS, please follow my instruction here.

Privacy & Terms