Getting into the gaming industry

I had this question lingering in my head for a while now. I have been active on the blender community here and don’t know much about the other departments but anyone can answer.
I wanted to know how difficult it is to get into the gaming industry as an artist especially without any work experience. I find it difficult even for intern positions. Is there something particular these companies focus on. I have some friends that have a wonderful portfolio and no professional work experience but they still miss out.

Something I also noticed is that, art students ( From US, don’t know if the other countries have this) get intern jobs pretty easily. I might be mistaken here but from what I see on twitter and other socials. Are the university/ collage help them get into the industry?

Is there anyone who lended a job without any past work experience as an artist?

1 Like

I think it all starts with Art/media studies in general. Because it all starts with a sketch, a blueprint, before you start to create something in Blender.

If you understand how human autonomy works, you can draw the concepts (art) and make the creating process in Blender even better.

See an old thread

3 Likes

This is a really nice solution. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms