Get To Orbit

My riff on Project Boost, what do you think!?

3 Likes

That was fun, I like the skyscrapers you have made :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks!

Jizums, that first level is brutal XD

[update]

Okay finished it! That was cool. Super good idea to have the gravity change when going into space, that changes the type of challenge smoothly.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m thinking about running through the other tutorials then circling back on this and cleaning up the game, improving art, camera angles (probably switch to camera follow), etc, etc. Maybe turn it into a mobile game.

1 Like

I’ve done the first level so many times that I didn’t think about it, I can make it a little simpler. :slight_smile:

You have a solid base for a cool little game!

And I’m super glad to see that with the same base, a lot of us are finding ways to make it our own. I’m actually working on making my version into a full game (I actually stopped my progression in the courses at the moment because I’m having a lot of fun with it :smiley: )

1 Like

I know, I definitely slowed down and had fun on this. I feel like the next few projects may give me some ideas and techniques though to circle back on it :slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The way the level design are done where you progress to escape the planet is really well done, adds a simple story to the game which is cool. Also the first level was quite difficult but think that was because I was just getting used to controls. I played it again after completing it and did it on my 2nd go instead of my 8th like I did the first time. The change in gravity as you progressed was a really good Idea. Good Game Enjoyed playing it.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nice game! I really felt like I had to thread the needle to make it past the skyscrapers. After that, I had no choice but continue playing to make it to orbit. Well worth my time. Thanks for making it available for others to play.

1 Like

Thanks!!

That was fun, nice one. First level indeed requires quite tight usage of the throttle and careful maneuvering while getting used to the length of the rocket! But definitely fair - no flappy bird type frustration here :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms