Generate Xcode project Grayed out?

Hi so my unreal engine has the generate Xcode project button grayed out and I’m not sure what to do about it. I have restarted my computer, unreal engine, and Xcode multiple times. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe @sampattuzzi or @ben can help with that. Not really familiar with UE4 and macOS

Yea hopefully they can help. I know they don’t normally answer these questions on the weekends so hopefully they’ll have some advice for me Monday

Grayed out? Could you send a screenshot?

Hi thanks for getting back to me I actually solved it yesterday after hours of trying different things I learned I stupidly somehow forgot to click c++ when setting up my escape game. So “generate Xcode project” was grayed out because I had made a blueprint file not a c++ file. I honestly can’t believe it was something so little, after looking all over the Internet forums and seeing how many people regularly struggle with errors using the generating Xcode projects button. Well anyways I hope any one else who has this issue can learn from my mistake and not try to trouble shoot on and off for 5 days lol

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms