GameAsset progress, Mayan Pyramid

Hi all,

I wanted to create something different than the Gothic church but still something modular which can be used in a game engine. I looked what I had done before in this course and voilá looks like Mayan Pyramid would be awesome to try. I am not sure in what type of game this would be appropriate in but never the less, I give it a go as I practice to do models in modular fashion.

Here’s a progress render with some of the stuff more ready than the rest. Background is just a environment texture to give some flavor. The scene consists currently roughly 470 objects / modular piece made of roughly 12 unique assets.

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

4 Likes

It has good atmosphere.

1 Like

Thanks Pete,

I hope it gets a lot better when I complete the assets for the top and add some foliage. Then I am gonna put it into a game engine and compare how it looks in the engine.

One of the problems I already have is that the base pieces which are 4m x 2m (w x h) use the same texture and it gets repetitive. It just looks too uniform. I could I suppose create a duplicate with different texture to give variation. One alternative would be to use some sort of decals here and there.

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

Game engine render, work in progress:

Looks like default camera FOV is at least different… slowly getting there… slowly :slight_smile:

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

Here’s a new view from the top of my pyramid:

Now it’s not a flat green quad anymore my pyramid is sitting on. Good view to look the sunset from :wink:

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

2 Likes

Now the top ready with a light marble material and some trees and grass is also in place.

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

1 Like

Reminds me of De_Aztec in Counter Strike.

1 Like

Current progress, now with a bird eye’s view. I have added post processing stack to Unity and applied a little warmer hue to the lighting. Then I have created another tree to have variation in the trees. I have also added another texture to the pyramid base so I can break the uniformity. I also created two decals which are currently not very visible but some wines and sand that I can decorate the pyramid with. Top building got a new better looking texture and a decorated doors.

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

1 Like

Privacy & Terms