[Game] My Version of Zombie Runner

Here is a link to where you can download.
Game
There are a couple bugs that i am aware in the game but did not address because I had already invested so much time into designing a game i couldn’t sell. None of the bugs are game-breakers. The one’s you need to be aware of is if you try to pause the game and return to main menu then start a new game. The game will not work. You have to reload the game for it to work. You are walked through the controls in the game. The only controls that are not mentioned are R for reload , shift for run, and mouse 2 for zoom. One more word of caution. You cannot drown but you can become stuck at the bottom of a lake or hole so be careful where you are running. Other than that the estimated run time of the game takes about 15 mins to complete. My goal was to make it fun to play on the first play through. I hope you enjoy.
Here are some screenshots:

2 Likes

Looks nice for the Start.

Some Issues with Walking Path you should fix.
A Jump would be nice to go on Rocks and Smash the ZOM´s?

When i call the Beacon the Ship landet and was struggle very hard and i tried to enter it with X but i end up in a Game Over Screen.

A Better Indicator about you hit the Enemies would be nice. Because if have a M60 in my Hand im waiting for that everything is blowing up arround me. That Zombies must have a Skin made of 10cm thick steel armor to stand to that xD
And yeah how i said… You pack in a M60 but she dealing no Damage to that Small Zombies give not a good Feeling when you shot with an so powerful weapon

(I Think in all Zombie Movies there wasnt Zombies that can stay long versus a rapid fire gun) Maybe in Resident Evil the Big Bosses.

I would understand that huge Gaint Zombies coming at the End that you cannot inflict that much damage because they heavey like a Tank.

The Small Baby Zombies are awesome maybe you make a Baby Model and give it some weird looking and start crawling around very fast and agressive. I Think this is possible to make.

At all, the Weapon feel very Inaccurate also the M60 because u not see the Blood and not have any Indicator how much life that Zombie have left. I not recommend a Life Bar for the Zombies in the Game. But there should come more Blood outside if you hit them. And when possible they should not hold 30-40 Shots from a M60. Thats some Tweaking you have do deal.

The Sound is nice i think you made him by ur own? That Voice is interesting and your storyline is also nice.

The Overall Look is a bit blur, for my personal i dont like this. I saw u using some interesting Assets from the Asset Store like the Rock Builder. And that Rocks look so Amazing. But in ur game its like someone throw water in your eyes.

But as far a good Job and hope to see some Improvements soon.

Keep Going

1 Like

Thanks for playing. Yeah the end is a little cheeky on purpose because the idea is that you work really hard to get to the spaceship and then try to escape and it explodes. If you were to survive long enough to hear the next message the alien talks about needing to buy real estate on this planet. Your critiques are right on and i will take them into advisement on the next game for sure. I have no experience in modeling so i was stuck with using whatever free assets i could find. Haha. But the next game I put out i’ll share here and it will have more models and be more satisfying. The zombies do have head colliders which inflict ten times the damage as their body colliders but again I am a noob so they aren’t set up really well. I was going to ask somebody what the typical practice in Fps are. Do you use mesh colliders?

its not that easy to make a FPS with multi Hitboxes.
Or Actually it is but there are couple of things u have to think about.

You can attach Multiple Colliders on a Body if you want make seperate hitboxes and want to have an easy way about.

Simple make an Empty gameobject. U can use Capsule Collider its okay.
Mesh Collider are very Performance Heavy and only should be used if the other colliders not fitting.

Now attach a Collider to that GameObject set it to Trigger and attach an Script like Headshot.cs
in this you simple make now an extra trigger that say when head is hit you deal 10x damage
same you can make with body pack an Collider around with an Script called Body and same Step you can go with this though all BodyParts and make simple Hitboxes and they will work very well.

There are also different Solutions for this but i think for beginner this should be a good step and task. And works very well.

For 3D Models. Its actually not that hard to make something (the most hard part is texturing i find) i not have the udemy Course from GameDev for Blender but i think this will be worth if you wanna try out.
If not there are alot of free Tutorials out there also in Youtube. And Blender is free. So nothing can hold you back to start make some own crazy baby models haha.

Headshot at the Zombies deal 10 TImes damage i not was feeling that :frowning: maybe bugged but okay.

How do you deal the Damage? Because i not see a Projectile or something?

Yeah , i pretty much did your second description. I have a single capsule collider for the body. I added a sphere collider for the head and just tagged it. I used the tag to implement the extra damage. On the LMG i used raycasting and on the Hydroblaster i used the particle system. (which was very inaccurate.) I am taking the blender course ben talked about right now actually. So very soon should be able to handle that aspect. This course was the first programming I have ever done so I am always open to suggestions on how to do things better. I think bottom line is the zombie’s should have had less health. I think the way it is set up now one bullet from the LMG delivers 10 damage to body and 100 damage to head. The hydroblaster delivers one damage per particle. But the particles don’t live that long so you have to get close. But it seemed like up close it delivers about anywhere from 75-200 damage. There is an easter egg where if you use the hydroblaster long enought the ammo goes into negative numbers and the damage is multiplied by 1000. It kills anything in one shot. The problem is that it is extremely hard to kill the little guys with it because it is so short range.

I played your game but I haven’t finished yet.

Here is my feedback

You got me here. :joy::joy::joy:

com-crop
I tried to quit the game by pressing the button but nothing happen.

Ambient
The effects are good.

You have my positive vote :+1:t3:

1 Like

Yeah thats already a step ahead if you working with Tags thats fine and works also very well.

Maybe you should lower the overall health and only make double or triple damage to the head. You also can make like only 0.5 Damage on the Legs to make a bit difference in this.

Working with Particles in this case is very Hard and you see that your Result isnt that good like u expected i think. To work with Particles is fine you just need to fine a Way to let them move more far away. If you set the Start Lifetime higher the Particles will move longer. Maybe this can help you in this case. But its hard to tweak.

I not found the Easter Egg because i simple used the M60 because i feel very uncomfortable with the Hydroblaster.

From Programming point i think there is nothing to say its working almost everything. Some in a still strange way like the Space Ship at the End but working. So your way is now to fix the major problems and bring in the major suggestions you become.

Another Suggestion i have for you.
Make the Water not walkable. You can set it in the Inspector to a Static and turn it to a Non Walkable Object then just recalculate your Nav mesh Agent

Navigation

In here you can Change Walkable to Non Walkable.
or you need a swim animation because just walking through the water is a little bit crazy xD
Or what type of Humanoid he ist? Maybe a Big Robot that just simple roll around and can roll under water xD

Thanks for taking the time to review. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the tips. I will definitely use that in the future.

Privacy & Terms