Free Unity Resource

Free eBook and there’s 15 hours and 30 minutes remaining to claim your copy!

Learning NGUI for Unity

Compliments of PacktPub’s free learning.

I got my copy, and it’s already on my kindle! Yay! :smiley:

1 Like

Nicely grabbed :slight_smile:

I check their free learning offering every single day. I usually grab it no matter what it is, and it stays in my backlog. But when it’s a Unity book - hoo boy! :smiley:

1 Like

Freebies rock! :slight_smile:

The problem is, NGUI ain’t free :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tasharen Website
http://www.tasharen.com/?page_id=140

Free Version

NGUI 2.7.0, the last of NGUI 2 cycle is now free and can be downloaded here. It’s dated September 2013, and comes in full source code form and without any kind of DRM. It’s feature-limited and not nearly as streamlined as the current NGUI 3-based releases, and doesn’t come with support — but if you can’t afford NGUI 3 or just want to try it, you’re welcome to grab it.

Just note that in order to use it for professional purposes you must fall under the same conditions as Unity Free: “free version may not be licensed by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000, or by an educational, non-profit or government entity with an annual budget of over US$100,000.”

As a footnote, when publishing NGUI extensions on the Asset Store, it’s best to not include the NGUI code at all. Asset Store overlords are quite used to the “requires NGUI to run” condition. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 15 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.