First Animation of the lamp

So this is the first full project with modeling and rigging and animating so i focused on that and made a basic model and scene to compliment, I had an issue at the end and lost part of the render have to check my settings see where it got chopped off. Figured i would share my rough draft of an animation to start, let me know what you think of the jumps i see the second feels a bit odd timing of the speed. Thanks and enjoy!

Updated:

4 Likes

You can set your animation timeline from 1 … 850 frames for example.
But your physical render can be from range 29 … 123 for example.
Maybe, something when wrong there.

Render to .PNG files and import them into Blender video to render to .MPG
When something goes wrong, you can re-render some parts of the animation again.

Note: add more environmental light, the animation is too dark on my monitor.

3 Likes

Good as far as the clip went. It certainly seems clipped off.

1 Like

Thank you for suggestions and i am currently putting them to work and rendering the animation as images as i type this.

Yes it was certainly cut off, im currently in the process of rendering it over after checking the settings. Will have an updated render soon.

1 Like

Updated Lamp Jump Animation

4 Likes

If I may make a recommendation.

1. Perhaps think about adding another light, dim, but bright enough to make the lamp more visible.
  2. You could probably speed up your animation
  3. With your jumps, you may want to consider swinging the head up higher so to make it look like it is gaining the proper momentum for the amount that the lamp is going to jump.

Otherwise, you seem to have created a solid rig and show that you can animate it. You also have some nice textures going on in the scene. I would like to see the lamp you made- you put the effort to create it, so you might as well show it off! :slight_smile:

When I did this section I used this for reference: Pixar's Luxo Jr. (1986) - YouTube

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendations you couldn’t be more right on those points and will put them to work, also want to say thanks for noticing the rigging. That was a particular hard point for me that i had to work at, and really think about while modeling the lamp.

2 Likes

Do you know of any way to know how my lights levels are going to look on an upload before rendering? For example like if my light levels look better on my pc or render but turn out much darker while viewing on phone or other monitors. This is because on my render its light enough to even see the background, yet once i upload you can’t even see it and the lamp is barely lit

2 Likes

It all depends on a good color calibration of your development/work station.
Just don’t make it too dark.
increase world lichting

1 Like

What @FedPete seems correct- he is more experienced than I am here.

What you could do for a test is only render a very few frames with whatever lighting you have or any changes that you wish to make. Then test it out on multiple platforms. That way you don’t have to waste your time waiting for your computer to render you entire animation just for a slight change… only to see that it didn’t work…

4 Likes

Great idea

1 Like