Finished my Pyramid

I finished section 2, my Mayan pyramid. Just before it got dark… With some mountains in the background.

Your thoughts?

8 Likes

Nice challenge!

1 Like

Good pyramid, and scene setting thought out.

1 Like

Did a test with PBR… didn’t came out as I expected. Need to do some more (and more simpler) testing before I can use it on a bigger model :frowning:

1 Like

Roger, I tried to apply a material like that and it got stretched out exactly as yours is. I couldn’t figure out how to make it wrap correctly.

Whoever has an answer for this, please include me too! :slight_smile:

EDIT: It seems that it does this when a face is extruded. The new “walls” that were created with the extrusion are still treated by the material like they were never lifted out. I wonder if we have to somehow apply extrusions? Adding materials to a regular cube does not have this result.

1 Like

@adamitude this may help you as well
Can’t really be sure
My best guess is that your image has Flat projection method, which projects texture from the top, and infinitely stretches at the sides because of it
Your solution would be to change projection method to Box, which is done in Shading tab
If you have texture plugged in Base color it’d look like this:
Simply change Flat to Box and it will project texture from 6 sides may resolve your issue

You will learn more about texturing during Chess set section, no worries

Oh and there is a new 2.9 feature that prevents stretching during extrusion
You can enable it by entering UV Editing tab and ticking Correct face attributes CheckBox in the options on the upper right corner of viewport:

Okay I really talk too much, hope that helped a bit

3 Likes

Oh, assumming you’re new to Shading, you’ll have to select your material slot first

1 Like

Leave it be for now, imo, these sort of things like textures get explained in the course. No need to experiment, it will be explained in a structured way so you gradually add such knowledge. Tempting as it is to make what is new to you as good as you can. Patience! Do more of the course.

4 Likes

I know. Just wanted to test what happens out of the box. Now back to the course… starting on the bowling pins!

Privacy & Terms