Finished Chess Set

Thanks @bOBaN and @FedPete. You’re advice helped me fix a lot of things. I still didn’t get the ears right, but I was ready to move on to the next section. lol. But here are the two chess sets I made! And yeah, I know the King is missing from the 2nd set, but it was so easy to model I was ready to move on to something new. I will finish it another day. :slight_smile:

The Set I found online I really liked:

The class lecture set:

This was a really long process, but I learned a ton along the way. It was really fun. I found myself spending WAY too much time on some things I didn’t even notice after I put everything together… so here’s to poor time management! lol. Thanks again everyone who left feedback. I’ll see you all in the next Section!

9 Likes

Looking awesome! Good job!

1 Like

Awesome.

1 Like

“Time flies when you are having fun!”

The chess set is a good tutorial, easy after you have done it. The knight sets you off guard because it’s different. Introducing something new in Blender. And when you do also your own models, diverting from the given roadmap. Then you are on your own and learning more because you need to solve your own created problems.

I understand you want to proceed, but a nice full lighted render would be nice to see. Table BUMP-map is a bit too strong. See you in the next section!

You are right about all of that. I shouldn’t rush it. I spent some time today and finished some new renders and built a little scene. Here is the finished product. Thanks for pushing me.

Course Set:

Set 2:

Full Scene:

4 Likes

What a difference. It is more complete now. It tells a story to look at.
Can be a chess cafe.

I’m glad you’ve pushed yourself a last round. The furniture can be used also in later projects.
So time spend can be reused.

Great achievement!

1 Like

Yeah! I appreciate the push! I’m really happy with the end result. :slight_smile: Now it’s time for the lamp!

I’m really liking the “chess cafe”, as @FedPete called it, in the last render. A very nice way to show off both chess sets. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small Edit… Something was bothering me about the scene so I added a simple baseboard to give the room a better feel.

3 Likes

Actually, that’s a nice finishing touch.

2 Likes

AH yes a skirting board. Makes the room more as the eye expects.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms