[Final Chess] The Grandest Match

Greetings,

It’s been a long time. The reason is that I’ve been sting a lot of time on this section. So long that in the end I decided to wait in the end to show what I had done.

So, without further ado, here’s my chess project I’ve titled “The Grandest Match.”

The theme, as you can see, is Heaven versus Hell. The pieces on each side are different but at the same time share characteristics to make them easily recognizable. I’ll leave you an image with them without any effect.

1. Bishops are the only winged figures.
  2. Knights are the only ones with animal heads and legs.
  3. Rooks are the only ones that have an architectural element.
  4. Kings are the only ones with crowns.
  5. Queens are the only female pieces.
  6. The pawns… Well, they represent the souls that get trapped in the middle of the dispute. Those of Hell look up for forgiveness, those in Heaven pray down to ask for the salvation of others.

Little more to add, I hope you liked it and it was worth the wait.

See you in the animation section ^^

13 Likes

Oh, wow!

That. Is. AWESOME!

Great job!

2 Likes

Great set, very ambitious. Huge amount of work.
Great use of backgrounds differing on each side too.
Monumental column too.
Hard to do it justice showing all the elements in one primary view.

2 Likes

A really imaginative set, including the Greecian/Roman Column it’s sitting on. I just can’t decide which it is, Greecian or Roman. :thinking:

2 Likes

It is based on the architectural measures and characteristics of the Ionian order columns ^^

1 Like

I was looking at images of Greek and Roman columns last night, and I thought it looked most like the Ionic style. Thanks for confirming that for me. :slight_smile:

Good work! I like the way to give others opportunity to interpret by ourselves. Well thought-out :wink:

Wow Amazing… !!!
too much effort.

bro can’t explain it in words

1 Like

Privacy & Terms