Feedback - Creation of Folders

So far enjoying the course. I am, however, concerned about new users who are just getting into coding and may be overall new to windows/mac overall (I know, what are you doing taking a course for Unity if you don’t know what an F key is. Just bear with me.)

In the beginning of the video “Unity, Your IDE and your files”, you talk about project folders. Unless I did miss something, a new user will not have any folders created and your walk-through of how to change location of folders can throw people off. I know it did to me for a minute thinking that I missed creating a first project folder.

May I recommend that you add a small section to create an empty shell if that agrees with the material and the flow? That way users can follow along with you recreating the moving of the folder to the new “repos” folder.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I know realize that you are talking about creating regular folders and not exactly a project. My bad. I wanted to delete the post but could not find a way to do it.

New to this program and honestly this was exactly what I was looking for. I have Python experience but I’m branching out and thought this would be a fun way to do that. But I was really looking for exactly what you posted above. A new user creating a new project. I’m hoping that there is more in the next videos to come. Judging by your next comment, it sounds like there might be?

Hi Everyone!
Same concern here. Is it possible to create the first folder on my D: drive, (since there is 1 TB capacity) rather than on my C: drive (SSD 240 GB).
Also, which of this default assets should I pick when opening the first project?
Thank you in advance.

You can have project folders where ever you want. Personally all of my unity stuff is on my HDD and only the Visual Studios runs from my SSD.

You don’t need any default assets and even if you later need something they’re easily imported later in a project.

Thank you, Martyn.

Privacy & Terms