Failed wedge challenge - help please ;)

:rage: hi when scaling the wedge to 0.5 0.5 0.5 it change the shape of my wedge completely. before the wedge was about 5 times as long as the other axis. by puttin gin 0.5 0.5 0.5 the length is only 1.25 as long. Any ideas why ? screen shot befor and after. thanks

ps also need to put on 270 rotation to get it to stand up not 90 - hmmm

hey mate I’m new my self so I’m not to sure why its doing this but to get a long side again you could just resale your z axis long not what was ment to happen but get the same results

1 Like

another thing u could be doing is scaling each z, x, y axis only making them 0.5 long, did u try scale (s) 0.5 to scale the whole object

1 Like

Hi whois_onfirst,

This happens because you don’t have uniform scale in before you apply the scale. You actually have scale of 1, 4.306, 1 and then you change it to 0.5, 0.5, 0.5.

Basically you are applying scale change of : 0.5 / 4.306 = 0.116. So your scale of Y axis changes almost to 1/10th of the scale. If you calculate the length: 10.821 x 0.116 = 1.25.

Other axis (X and Z) are fine since you start from 1.0 and go to 0.5. so the change is 50%. Thus the lengths are 2.0 x 0.5 = 1.0.

What you can do is you apply the scale (CTRL + A), select apply scale (in object mode). Now your scales are 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 in all axis and you can go and change the scale to 0.5 and lengths are reduces equal amounts.

What comes to rotation, you probably have started the object in different rotation and therefore along the process you have rotated it and now it’s 270 when facing upwards. With CTRL + A (select apply rotation) you can set the rotations also to 0,0,0 if you want to have that as your “default” rotation.

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Jax

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms