Exported characters final (Orcs)

The muscular one:

…done with the character course, finally. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Looking good!

(yeah, the course takes a long time to finish… :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

It is a proud Orc!

1 Like

And the other one done:

Just noticed the other orc’s subsurface texture is broken… will probably have to re-export that one :tired_face:

4 Likes

Ah! So you did both! Nice!

I was thinking about solidifying my skills and doing the other one… but decided against it. Just to do another character, not the one from the course. It’s soo much work to do good character, but it’s bad to put it into a portfolio (as it’s obviously “tutorial based work” - too many of those crop up everywhere).

2 Likes

Unfortunately most of my portfolio is tutorial-based :cry:

2 Likes

I have just 3 pieces in my portfolio. 2 are from Collab, 1 is from low poly challenge :sweat_smile:

I personally don’t like to add stuff from courses or tutorials (even if I’m really proud of “my” Ogre and I put huge amount of work in the anvil)… as it shows that I can follow tutorial only. I don’t know if it’s a good strategy or not… but I just created folders in my artstation and I select just a few best things to go to ‘portfolio’ folder.

1 Like

Yeah, on Artstation its just one so far… the medieval one. On Sketchfab I’m less picky… I do have everything in a coursework-collection (and that’s pretty much all I have right now).

1 Like

Ah, I don’t put too much stuff on sketchfab - and I don’t really treat it as a portfolio place. I should upload more stuff there, maybe someone will learn something from this or has use of it (I don’t - so it just sits on my hdd). Including course work… will do it… at some point :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Alligator, comes to mind. As texture …

1 Like

WOW! Big well done! This is amazing!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms