Experimenting with Depth of Field

A couple of my shots experimenting with depth of field. Definitley something I prefer to use lightly, but that may change if I do much larger models in the future.

Original:

Changed focal length:

Original:

Changed focal length:

5 Likes

Fantastic angles - good eye for shots!
I like the first pic with changed depth, as in my opinion it works well in the scene, i.e. it draws my attention to those 2 pieces like they are about to do something important.
I like the second original pic angle. I think it is very dramatic and very beautiful. In the very last pic so much of it is blurred out and I can see only the knight, which is proportionally small part of the pic, that it doesn’t work well for me. Maybe get closer to it, or don’t get the rest of the pic blurred out so evenly. Maybe less blurred closer around the knight, and more blurry outwards.
Keep up awesome job!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! I’m really pleased with the changed depth on the first shot, but definitely agree the second works better unblurred. I’m not really sure how to make it blurr unevenly like you suggest, but do agree that would probably improve it a lot.

1 Like

Great set. Depth of field mastered!

I do not use it much, probably should more. But it is interesting how we expect the camera age effects in images, from habit.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms