Excellent Course

I had a lot of fun with this course. The most important step I learned with these challenges is keeping in the mind the model you desire to make and build it in small steps so that textures are easy to change later. I also received a huge boost in confidence with texturing.

If I were to add anything to this course it would be the importance of “atmospheric perspective” which is having objects in the distance, such as mountains or cities, become more concealed in fog or haziness. The items in the distance will become less saturated in color as well. This plays a major role into the realism of large landscapes.

This is achievable through a principle volume node applied to a cube over the entire scene. It probably would be no more than a five minute video to set this up and it would fit well in the section with the video of composition and scene lighting.

Overall, great course and I would recommend it for everyone to start with.

13 Likes

i mean from the trees, to the rocks, the water, i mean the details are so amazing, i am in love with this, absolutely beautiful.

1 Like

Always hard to know when to stop. I think the island ‘method’ is to save having to make those long distance whole scenes to fill.

Great result.

2 Likes

This is gorgeous! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks. I wish I lived on that island.

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

1 Like

Amazing work. Looks awesome!! Love it .

1 Like

Thanks. I hope to make some more like this soon.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms