Excellent course, would love to see even more XCOM type features

Just finished this course up last night after two weeks of study. As someone who has played turn-based strategy games for many years and only taken beginner-level gamedev courses for a few months now, this was a great way for me to level up my C# skills. You did a great job laying out the course so every topic built naturally on the ones before it. End result, I feel like I have a really handy toolbox of concepts that I can apply directly to making something in one of my favorite genres.

So far as expanding the course, I’d love to see some even more XCOM type features explained - in particular adding things like percentage chance to hit, overwatch, and character progression over multiple missions.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! I’m glad you liked the course!

Overwatch is one I’d like to cover in a future expansion since it’s relatively tricky to make it properly, you can easily do it with an instant shoot action but making it properly like you see in XCOM, (slow motion, aim, fire) doing that is a bit more complex so I’d like to research and cover that.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms