Evil Mayan Pyramid

Update: I made another pyramid, since there were quite a few new topics later on that I found useful. Here is the new render:

Insetting was new to me, and it proved to be a very useful tool. The green glow was made by adding an emission material to the bottom of the moat floor.

12 Likes

wow that’s really nice! good job. :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

can you give us a tutorial or link’s to add that glow effect to something else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Certainly! I created a small tutorial and uploaded it to my Deviantart account. Please feel free to check the tutorial out here: http://fav.me/db6cgtg (Edit: I managed to provide the wrong link. This one should do)

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time to do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile:

awesome tut! thank you. :sunflower:

1 Like

Topic updated with another pyramid.

1 Like

I really like the torch lights! very nice!

1 Like

I happen to like the one with the torch lights as well. Very nice effect. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am glad you liked it! I made the torches by sticking three different sized and different coloured elongated spheres together, giving them both a translucent and an emission shader (wihite on the inside, yellow in the middle, and red on the outside). This sort of created a fire flame effect.

I just finished the “bowling lane” challenge. Please feel free to check it out: Bowling Action Shot

1 Like

That looks quite amazing! I hope I can create stuff like that some day :smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms