Equipping Armor

done, thank you edc :slight_smile: - looks like I’ll be waiting for one more day before putting my card down yet again (the discount is tempting, but I genuinely hope even Blink sets a sale up, because if that happens then I’m buying both!)

Btw what else did Synty put up for discount for tomorrow? (Frankly speaking, I want the black armor on their character so badly as armor for my game, at the end of it… it looks really tough!)

They have one thing on sale each day until the 29th. Something new each day.

ahh that’s great to hear. Thanks EDC

To which black armor are you referring? You can make the various armor pieces black in the Fantasy Modular Hero, but you cannot mix and match the Fantasy Modular Hero parts with characters in their other assets. Those characters are composed of one mesh.

This super-looking black one :slight_smile: - it’s in Synty’s latest “Dark Fantasy” asset pack

Yep, it looks pretty wicked, but it’s not modular. This will be one piece, you get the whole character or nothing. Slap an AI on that bad boy and let him murderize your player.

2 Likes

Ahh shucks… Synty makes a truck load of mind blowingly good armour that I desperately want my players to be able want to use… All good though

BTW, have you used this before? Blink’s Skinned Mesh Transfer asset: Skinned Mesh Transfer | Utilities Tools | Unity Asset Store

(that’s also how I ACCIDENTALLY learned today that putting armor on a player simply means deactivating their body parts and activating their armor… I’ll have a hard time sleeping tonight knowing that :rofl:)

I’ll probably contact Synty regarding that though, they might have a solution

Hey Brian, quick question. In the tutorial you shared, I found this link in the discussions: RPG Character Creator & Modular Armor Tutorial

Do I just follow that…?

1 Like

Oooh, I completely forgot about that one. Yes, follow that. It’s based on the scripts I used in Beneath The Mountain and the early versions of Spellborne Hunter (I switched to Blink in that last one, though I haven’t posted an update with it yet).

1 Like

That’s very fair lel… Meanwhile I’m still debating here, although the black Friday deals will have me definitely buying a few items here and there (Synty discount vs Blink… Blink is more customizable though, that’s literally my weak spot)

Anyway, the deal for the synty pack is up now, time to grab it (and they got a ton of other amazing sales :slightly_smiling_face:)

Hey Brian. I bought the Synty Modular Hero pack. Just to confirm one last time, do I start immediately with the linked tutorial, or is there anything prior that I need to do?

Frankly speaking though, I plan to switch to Blink in the end as well. I’ll use what I got off this Black Friday sale as a resource to create a ‘Character Creator’ Scene, at the start of the game, and in the end I’ll hopefully add armor from Blink as the player armour, hopefully :slight_smile:

I recommend getting through the tutorial, he does a decent job of explaining my scripts, which I’ll admit are originally sparsely comment .
The reason for this is even if you’re going to be using the Blink assets in the end, you’ll get the workflow out of the tutorial, which means that once you’ve done this, you’ll have an easier time understanding what you’ll need to do for the Blink scripts (which use a similar, but slightly different workflow).

1 Like

Thank you Brian for carrying the entire team and our wild requests :slight_smile: (by team, I mean me and the other developers in this community, xD)

OK I am a little confused… which object does @Thomas_Rapp have the Synty Equipable Item SO attached to… so he can do the modifications? Like the image below:

(Not to mention that mine currently is acting all out-of-whack for some reason…)

My player is currently… deep into the ground, and shuffling at 700ms intervals… I can see why, but… how do I safely get him to act right again?

If it helps in anyway, I haven’t applied the scripts yet… Still trying to figure out where they go (my main question is, where does the ‘Synty Equipable Item’ go? Shouldn’t that be referenced somewhere or something…?

More details on my problem are here

I’d have to go back through the tutorial (no time atm) to be sure of everything, but the SyntyEquipableItem is a subclass of the StatsEquipableItem. This means that it’s an Inventory Item.
You’ll drag it into your Equipment when you get one in your inventory.

No worries, take your time :slight_smile:

Soo… I drag my ‘SyntyEquipableItem’ into my Equipment? I didn’t know SOs can be attached there… How do you do that? (I can’t even find anything with an ‘Equipment.cs’ script on my hierarchy… hence why I’m confused)

It’s an equippable item… You know how to equip an equippable item. We even wrote extra scrips so you could right click to do this in the Inventory…

Privacy & Terms