Enemies Exploding

A very short run of exploding enemies.

separate to this - I am awe inspired by the creative stuff being posted here.

2 Likes

This is very nice, well done. :slight_smile:

If I were to make a small critique it would be regarding the animation speed for the enemy explosions, in contrast to the player ship movement and other effects they seem a little slow.

Nothing major but thought I’d offer it as constructive feedback. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback - you were on point about the speed of the explosions - after a bit of experimentation, have sped them up to a tenth of a second and it looks a lot better.

1 Like

You’re very welcome and I’m happy to help, be cool to see an updated video for comparison etc. :slight_smile:

Updated enemy explosion vid- do you agree with me that it looks better?
Am thinking as well it needs a little tweaking, perhaps making the explosions bigger.

Definitely better speed wise. With regards to size, one of the issues, in my opinion, is they are all the same size, so there is a less organic look/feel.

You could consider adding some randomness to the scale of the explosions, so some will be say of that size, others bigger. That way the player won’t see exactly the same thing each time,if you havent already, you could do something similar with the pitch of the explosions too, just some subtle variations so that, again, it isn’t the same each time.

Cool - some good ideas - going to play around with it a little later - and I’ll post an updated vid when done. Thanks.

1 Like

No worries, it will be nice to see your game’s evolution :slight_smile:

Ha - that was a little bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be.

1 Like

Now that both looks and sounds fab, well done! The differences in sound in the explosions are noticeable but not so much that it really stands out, its just more organic. The variations in explosion sizes gives a nice variety. Nice work Saul :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the constructive advice - really enjoyed the challenge.

1 Like

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms