End of Section Challenge - Pyramid

Hi all!

To finish off my pyramid, I went back and tried to use each of the techniques we were taught throughout the section to add details. (Except pivot points. Really didn’t like those - all the more reason to use them in future!)

Firstly, I dissolved edges around the roof (once I was happy with the details) and did some insetting above the doorway. For the trees, I created a new mesh object and constructed the trunk from cones - I toyed with doing this using the array modifier, but couldn’t get the random waviness I was looking for in the trunk. The leaves began as a cube which was then extruded - I’m not that happy with them, but they do the job from afar. Finally, a road, planes for grass and sky, and some scaled spheres for hills to mask the ground/sky divide.

Before setting up the scene lighting, I did a test render and (call me crazy) I really liked the look of this!

Final image with lighting:

Great section, looking forward to seeing what everyone has built and see you in the next one. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I like the top render, makes it look like marzipan or some form of cake! Just add birthday candles. :grin:

Well done, on to the next section.

1 Like

That’s what it reminds me of!! I’ve been wracking my brains all evening trying to figure out what it looked like!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms