End of Section 2 - Mayan Pyramid :)

Hi there! Here are my pyramids from the Section 2 challenge, very happy with the model result but not with the lighting, I would appreciate any feedback :slight_smile: Piramide maya_v2|690x388

2 Likes

Good work, I assume you’re using Eevee although I usually prefer useing Cycles to make things a bit more automatic with just one sun light. But what you can do is to combine diferents lights with different ammounts of intencity like in this image

Here the camera should be between the key light and the fill light you’ll want you’re key light to have the strongest light like 1000W (depending on the scale of the model), then the fill light with let’s say 70% or 60% compared to the ammount you placed on the key light with a color which contrasts with the main light. For example if you’re key light is orange use a light blue to contrast, if you use a gree light use a red/orange light to fill it up.

Finally for the back light use somthing less powerfull but noticeable light a white light at 40% or 50% compared to the key light.

And well, that’s one way to fix the lighting. But you could also see the works of others and get inspiration and motivation to improve (At least that works for me).

Hope this helped you :slight_smile:

PS english is not my first language so please forgive the spelling and punctuation mistakes.

Thank you so much for all the explanation and info!! I’ve tried your tips and it really worked for me. Thanks a lot again!

Just drag your image into the forum post editor.
best way is to put it on a new blank line.

Privacy & Terms