Emily and Mr. Squiggles Text Adventure Game

This is the first time I have ever made any kind of game and I really enjoyed writing the story for Emily and Mr. Squiggles. If you want to go on an adventure you can click here: https://sharemygame.com/@ItsJenny453/emily-and-mr-squiggles

There are 4 different endings, if you want to try and find them all - good luck and most importantly have fun! Hope you enjoy it :smile:

4 Likes

Very fun. Was expecting a sordid twist. but I’m glad it never came :slight_smile: Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Nishsticks! I did add a little bit of a “bad timeline” in the game that might or might not have a bit of a twist at the end :wink: But I am glad that you enjoyed it! :smile:

1 Like

well i really like the story, i see you have good story telling skills. i bought the course yesterday and now i am on Section 3: Text101, hope i will come up with something better like this.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you @DeadAlive! Hope you are liking the course as much as I do :wink: Excited to see your Text Adventure game :slight_smile:

This reminded me of “The Gruffalo” a little. It began to get quite dark, but I couldn’t help but follow the trail. Nice story telling, I wish I had put more effort into mine now haha. Good luck with the rest of the course.

Do you mind me asking how much time did you spend on Text101 (and writing the story/flow diagram)?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much @GaryKing! This is honesty such a nice compliment ^^

Ehm I did spend quite a while on it… I think altogether about ~7 hours just writing and making the diagram. And then obviously following along with the videos, implementing everything, looking for fonts, making backgrounds etc - I definitely took quite a long time to finish this :smile: But I was enjoying the process so much that I took one extra day after the course section to finish it all up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It shows you put thought into it. I felt like I cheated a little and kept mine short, as I was too eager to continue with the rest of the course. Great starter game though, you should try to stick with the theme on future sections as it really worked well. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I totally get what you mean :smiley: I was just so baffled that I was able to create my own story that people could actually interact with that I just wanted to make it a whole game in itself :smile: And thank you again for being so nice about it! :blush:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms