Duplication challenge

This is my take on duplication challenge. I work in a library so a bookshelf is my model.
I wanted my books look more realistic so each book is composed of four objects (cubes). Two for covers, one is for pages and one is for the ridge. That has became hell for managing. I’ve tried to put all of the pieces of a single book in a collection, but it didn’t work very well. Any tips on managing my collections and objects? Or should I just leave it alone for now? Thank you.

5 Likes

Great book shelving and books.
Welcome to this site.

You are early in the course. So yes there are ways to manage your book issue. However it is probably best rather than me trying to type explanations that you just push on through the course and learn them in a structured way.

Perhaps the simplest is make each book of four objects into one object. Select those objects Holding down shift to add to what is selected, then just press CTRL J to join them into one object with several meshes.

Object management, naming, parenting, using collections, organising, are all very important to managing blender as scenes get very complicated. All things the course will cover at various points.

However later you will be able to model a full book with even more details.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms