Duplication Challenge - Wall and towers

Hi this is the wall I made :smiley:

I had a hard time with the “anchor point” (what should I call it?) how can we center that for proper rotation?

Thanks!

5 Likes

Welcome to this site.

I think you mean what is called the ‘Pivot point’.

Assuming you are using hand duplication and rotating not a circular array. Not yet anyway.

I would place the 3d cursor (the red and white circle thing in the middle of the image you posted) at the centre point of the place where you wish to rotate around.

From the top overhead view, 7 on the number pad.
Hold down shift and Right Click to place the 3d cursor.

Then set the Pivot point to be the 3d cursor in the drop down to the left of the little magnet icon along the top of the working window.

Stay in Top view.
Then you are set to place your first brick at the desired distance, radius, from that cursor. Duplicate it, press R for rotate place it and repeat until you have enough to go round.

Then in Front view, 1 on the numberpad, Copy the whole ring of blocks, press Z for up only movement, and place a new ring of blocks on top of the first. Then press R followed by Z to rotate the new layer of blocks so the joins no longer line up.

Repeat until your tower is high enough!

Oh and nice wall section so far!
The ZZZ effect means you have duplicate geometry fighting to be seen in the same space.

2 Likes

Interesting project. A lot of work you have put in here.
Welcome, glad you’ve showed it to us.

1 Like

Hey @NP5 @FedPete ,

I got another question for you! If I add a new camera and try to move around with the “walk” feature it’s moving super slow and it’s imposible to navigate.

If I compare the size of the camera and one single brick there is a big difference, is this related or what can I do?

Thanks

Which viewport shading type are you using when walking?
If “Display render preview”, then yes it will be slow especially in Cycles.
Eevee should be relative fast, but it depends which Eevee features you have activated.

If you mean the movement while in fly or walk mode with asdw keys, is very slow, you speed up movement by rolling the mouse wheel forward, backwards to slow up again. It is like an accelerator/brake.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms