Dramatic (?) Stand-off | Let me know what feeling this brings across :-)

4 Likes

The queen is from my high poly chess set, whoops :smiley:

1 Like

Looking good. The queen would be more ‘refined’ than the lowly non regal pieces!

1 Like

I love the scene! I appreciate that it seems like somebody actually was playing chess, since pieces are not in the original order.
To answer your question. I love the red light- I think it conveys the dramatic feeling. In my personal opinion, if you also showed some pieces scattered flat around the table, it would add to the scene (boohoo, both sides lost some pieces!). No background kills the mood a little.
Also maybe experiment with a different angle. Show us which piece is about to fall next, are we sympathizing someone in particular? Or are we like ancient Greek gods looking from above and just seeking bread and circuses?
Please remember that I’m merely sharing my thoughts. I think your chess pieces turned out fantastic and the scene can become even more dynamic and interesting! Looking forward to more renders from you!

1 Like

I like how the black board pieces are turning purple in the pink light, with your texture it works on those for me. Fun fact…Ive heard the color purple in films an such are shown usually leading up to a death.

1 Like

I love the reflections, well done!

Privacy & Terms