Do we have course teaching Turn-based Combat RPG game (similar to Westland 3)

Hi, Do we have any course in GameDev which teaches us turn-based, team-based Combat RPG game (similar to Westland 3), I’m currently learning your Unity RPG Core Combat Creator course and quite enjoying the content. However, my own designed game may be well presented via turn-based, team-based Combat RPG (like Westland 3). If anyone knows any courses or any learning materials, I’d be greatly appreciated your help. Thank you.

We don’t currently have a course on this, but it is on our suggestion list, and may be something we teach in the future.

Thank you for your prompt reply, Brain. I’ve been doing some search and looks like lots people are interested in learning this. Currently there are only 2D game available and majority of them are just a fraction of the combat system without pathfinding even. Hope you guys will have a tutorial like your current RPG courses including 4 parts such as combat and inventory etc. Thank you.

I don’t think we’d need a separate module for Inventory, Dialogues and Quests, or Shops and Abilities. These things are relatively easy to apply from the RPG course series to other games, including turn based ones. I wrote a turn based single player a couple of years ago based on the RPG stack.

Thanks for your advice, Brain. I’ve just started learning the Inventory part, and I guess you are right. I can see the inventory is a stand-alone part which should be configured for a turn based game.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms